blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wedding Wednesday: Bachelorette Trip Weekend!

I'm not the girl who wanted to go out and get crazy for my Bachelorette party. Tis not my thing. I don't get drunk and I certainly don't act a fool, call me a prude if you will. So when it came time to prepare for my Bachelorette rendezvous I wanted a trip of some sort and relaxation, and that is certainly what I got!

Back in April or May my little cousin (MOH) and I decided that we'd go to Pigeon Forge for a weekend (because we love the place and it's like our home away from home). We wanted to lay by the pool, shop, and watch lots of movies...and we successfully did all three!

{Day 1}
 Leaving Cookeville later than I expected (I had errands to run!) and unexpected traffic right out of Knoxville (shoot me dead...I have no idea how Nathan does this for a living!).

 And being the lovely girl she is, Holly got me a gift! A jewelry box with my new monogram! It is seriously too cute for words and I put all my pandora style bracelets in it. I love it! Also, excuse my horrible picture, I was tired and florescent lights do nothing for your complexion :).

{Day 2}
 We attempted to go to the nicer pool at the condo, but HA, everyone else had that idea too! Too many kids and not a lounge chair in sight (we also got bombarded with grass from a fella mowing grass...I mean, really?!) so we booked it over to the older pool where there were plenty of lounge chairs and less people! Afterward we got all prettied up and made the trek to Gatlinburg before the crowds moved in for the weekend to eat at Bubba Gump's...and I may or may not have bought myself a new Vera Bradley bag :).

{Day 3}
I'm a grandma and wake up early not matter how late I went to bed, so I let her sleep and went out on the balcony to read. I spent a good hour at there and it was so peaceful, I needed that hour of uninterrupted reading time! We decided to forgo the pool since it was overcast and instead went shopping. After a creepy guy (that was also drinking a beer on the job...) that hit on Holly at an antique store informed me my Fiesta dishes were being discontinued in September, we high-tailed it to Belk to snatch up the rest they had (FYI - we looked like fools). We also sat in traffic for forever because it was tax-free weekend...but hey, it's Pigeon Forge, what do you expect?

Overall, I couldn't have asked for a better weekend. We weren't in a rush going anywhere, we watched movies every night, and I got a lot of stuff for the house. Perfection!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I did something similar to yours, I didn't want a big pain of going to bars etc so a bunch of girlfriends and i went to the lake, to a condo, and literally just shot the breeze. Best weekend ever!

Kelly said...

I love Pigeon Forge. We just booked a cabin for September and are very excited about going!

Jordan said...

Sounds perfect!!! What Vera did you get?!

Katie said...

Sounds like a fantastic bachelorette trip!! Nothing better than a nice, relaxing vacay. :)