blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Monday, August 12, 2013

I'm About to Start Hyperventilating

Y'all, I'm about to go in major wedding freak out mode. Major.

You see, I gave myself a wedding to-do list deadline...for a month before the wedding. August 28th. A day that is two and a half weeks away and my to-do list is almost a sheet of paper long. I've tried so hard since the day we picked our date to not get freaked out and to get things done ahead of time....now my heart beats out of my chest thinking of all the items I need to complete.

Some big things I need to complete are:
Finish the quilt that I've been working on forever (and really is just a minor detail).
Pick out reception music.
Finish cutting out fabric/tags for our wedding favors. 
I need to put additional stamps on our invitations since I'm high maintenance and had to have them all cute.
Mail out said invitations (like this week).
Order lighting for the reception tent.
Buy my wedding rings. 
Pre-marital counseling.
Figuring out what I want said/ceremonies for the actual ceremony. 

I know this doesn't look huge, but to me, I'm sorta freaking out. My expectations for myself are too high and I need to let.it.go. But, I won't let it go...so you'll see me acting like a crazy fool and trying not to puke in a bag until August 28th (because dangit, I want to RELAX!).

On a better note...my wedding shower was this past Saturday and I couldn't have felt more loved. Here's a little sneak peak...full post to come, sometime!

 {me and lovely cousin/MOH)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Breathe!! ;)

You will get it all done, sure it seems like a lot but if you do it while you watch tv or something, you'll get it done.

A hint with reception music - I assume you have a dj? Our DJ asked us for our requests for the major stuff (ie first dance, entrance etc) and a few others that we knew we def wanted played then he took care of the rest. I had my dad surprise me with the father/daughter one and I let the dj take care of the rest, which he was awesome and certainly did.

I'm shocked your counseling didn't happen already? Ours happened about 2 months prior, when we took the tests, etc.

Good luck - let me know if you need any other suggestions :)

Katie said...

Don't worry-- it WILL all get done! And we didn't pick out every song for the reception. Just the entrance, special dances, and exit. I mentioned a few others I'd like played and definitely some we didn't want, but he did the rest, and it worked great!