blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Success in Wedding Planning

Two weeks to a month ago, I stressing bad about our wedding. I was so overwhelmed. I didn't have any idea how I wanted our Save-the-Date's to look (because I had the bright idea to design my own), I didn't have our guest list set in stone, I hadn't even began start the address list, and our DIY details were just a thought.

Then Nathan had a coming to Jesus moment with me. He pretty much told me to get over it and get to work...and that he'd help. 

We got a lot accomplished that night. We put the finishing touches on our guest list and planned the rehearsal dinner.

And by some grace of God that conversation got my butt in gear. Since then I designed my Save-the-Date's...ordered them...and they've been delivered! I've also got our guest list pretty much finished except for stragglers, got the addresses in a spreadsheet, asked my preacher to marry us (big sigh of relief here!), and went on a shopping trip to start some of my DIY projects. 

Now let's all hope I keep this motivation up for the next six months, because I plan on doing zero major planning the month before!

Any tips from ya'll for staying ahead of the game?!

5 comments:

Nikki said...

Planning a wedding can be so stressful! Try not to let it get to you! Enjoy the process as much as possible!

Julie said...

The easiest part of my guest list was that my in-laws aren't social what-so-ever and they have blacklisted their family and have no friends so literally they took 1 table that I still had to fill with other people. I do recommend having an extra table there in case those people who don't RSVP end up showing up - we had that issue :/ and its a place that your DJ and photographer can eat their meal.

Jordan said...

And your save-the-dates look awesome!!! :)

Lana said...

I had a binder that I used to keep everything together with sections for everything! It seemed to work well!

Rebekah said...

So happy that all the wedding stuff is coming together! It can be overwhelming but once you get started it's pretty easy to start crossing things off your list!