blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Wedding Wednesday #2 - Popping the Question to my Maid of Honor

Unless you haven't heard, I announced our wedding date a couple of weeks ago! On 9.28.13 I will officially become Mrs. Otto! 

With less than a year to go, planning is progressing quite nicely. I was always thought that I'd be this crazy, hot mess bride...and honestly, I'm far from it. I'm surprising myself about how laid back I'm being about this whole process. The only meltdown I've had was after our engagement pictures when I started thinking about the cost of everything. Thank goodness I have Nathan to talk me out of my craziness.

Since there is less than a year to go and all, this past weekend I asked my little cousin, Holly, to be my maid of honor. I found a cute way to ask on Pinterest (what else) and put my own spin on it. The actual pin was a box with a ring pop in it with this cute little saying asking to be a bridesmaid/maid of honor. To put my own personal spin on it, I bought her an actual ring...I know, I know I should be cousin of the year/bride of the year. She recently just pledged into a sorority, so I perused Etsy to try and find a ring, and lucky me found the perfect one!

She came in from College this weekend so it was the perfect time to ask her!

 Yes, I got down on one knee...and yes, we did act silly!

 After she accepted my proposal to be my maid of honor :).

 With the cute little note I made.

My engagement ring and her maid of honor ring!

At this point I'm sure you're wondering where all my pictures are from asking my other bridesmaids. I'm sure this is coming to come as a shock to most, but she will be the one and only lady standing beside me on my big day. Nathan and I made the decision long before we got engaged that we wanted this day to be about us, not about how many people were standing at the altar with us. I just find it extremely outrageous to have 15 people standing up there with the bride and groom. So, Holly's it...and I wouldn't have it any other way :).

I can't wait to share more details with ya'll in the weeks to come!

9 comments:

Savanah said...

I love your idea of just having 1 girl. If John didn't have 2 sisters it would just be me and my sister (my MOH).

Nikki said...

When I got married I only had a MOH it was perfect!

Vicki said...

When I get married we will only have a maid of honor & a best man ... less stress LOL :)

Jennifer said...

Love your proposal! Too cute.

Julie said...

Congrats on setting a date and what a cute way to ask her to be your MOH - Happy wedding planning :)

NATALiJA WANTS YOU! ♥ said...

congrats♥

Amanda said...

I totally respect your decision just to have one person with you! There's more than one significant woman in my life, so I couldn't pick just one! I'm glad that you're nailing down more stuff for the wedding though!

Vanessa said...

I absolutely love this! I have yet to ask my bridesmaids/MOH to be in the wedding. I'm still struggling on who to have and how to go about asking them in a memorable way too! My problem is I want everyone in the wedding. Vito on the other hand only wants his brother. And I can't handle uneven sides so we are still working on this! Hahaha. 8)

Megan said...

Cutest idea ever!!! Note to remember this for my future daughter. :)