blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Our LOVE Story

 My A Love Story series is coming to its conclusion today with the last story being my love story!
 
Nathan and I met in a rather conventional way, High School. He was "friends" with my then boyfriend at the time. I will put it lightly by saying that the boyfriend at the time wasn't the most upstanding human being, but we won't go there. Nathan, from the start, didn't like how my boyfriend was treating me and he slowly started a plan to steal me away.

At first, I loathed Nathan. He constantly picked at me. It got so bad that when I saw him coming down the hall at school I would turn and go the other way. I'm not really sure when I started to see Nathan in a different light but one night we rode around on back roads together and he was so completely sweet. That was also the night I got my nickname for him, cupcake :).

Of course, my boyfriend and I broke up and Nathan and I started dating...and it's all history from there.






Today is our 6-year anniversary. He's my fiance, best friend, confidant, and my favorite person on the planet. I'm not saying that our relationship is sunshine and rainbows all the time, because it isn't...by a long shot. We've had bad times and hurdles to jump, but we always work through them because we want to make US work.

Nathan proposed on April 14, 2012...exactly two weeks ago in Chattanooga on a weekend trip. His proposal was perfect. You can read our proposal story here & here!


My gorgeous ring :).

We are planning our wedding for September or October of 2013. Plenty of time to finish our house and plan the wedding of my dreams!

12 comments:

Neely said...

So so so happy for you!

Kelsey Claire said...

Love looking at all the pictures and milestones!

Lana said...

Yall have so much excitement ahead of you with finishing your house and planning your wedding! Enjoy every minute of it!

Megan said...

Such a sweet story!! I just love y'all!!! Happy anniversary!!

Rebekah said...

You guys have such a sweet story. The hard work makes marriage so worth it!

Heather said...

SO so sweet!

Meg {henninglove} said...

ahhh congrats!! what a sweet love story that has an incredibly happy ending!! your ring is gorgeous

Christa said...

Love your story! So happy for you!

Jessica said...

I'm so excited for you! What a sweet love story. Congrats again! Your ring is beautiful

Wiz said...

Beautiful ring! So happy for you!

Katie said...

Awww, I love y'all's story! So cute. :)

karensmith said...

Aww. This is the sweetest entry that I have read! :')

college dating