blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Our Engagement Story - Part 2

You can read Part 1 of our Engagement Story by clicking here...

After he put my gift on the counter, I immediately asked him, "what is this for?" He said, "Happy Anniversary!" We hadn't talked gifts so I was a little taken back...when I opened it I found red velvet cupcakes (my man knows me well) that looked like this...


After I opened them, I said "awww babe they're all messed up." What I didn't see was a box in a ziploc bag in the box. I instantly look at him, knowing the aggravator he is and said, "you're really gonna play jokes?" I open it and it's my wine corks I'm collecting for my wine wreath. He goes, "who would I be if I didn't joke around with you a little bit?"

As I put the lid back on the corks I look over and I see him getting on one knee. I instantly burst into tears, which in turn makes him start crying. I honestly have no clue what he was saying because my brain was going 90 miles a minute. All I remember of his speech is, "I promise to always work and provide for you." That's it, none of the other sweet stuff. I really don't even remember if he asked "Will You Marry Me?" but I do recall at some point saying YES! so I would assume he did ask. I'll be honest here, I was ugly crying during the proposal. I couldn't help it. I'm an overly emotional person, I couldn't have just stood there with a smile while giggling. I cry. I can't help.

After all the hugs and kisses I immediately looked at him and said, "WE'RE GETTING MARRIED!"

And there you have it, our engagement story. It's nothing extravagant and that's exactly how I wanted it to be. I didn't want to be out in public in front of a lot of people, that's not who I am. We're happiest when it's just the two of us. I'm also thrilled that he incorporated cupcakes into our engagement since I'm his "cupcake." He did an excellent job.

And now for my bling...


He also did an excellent job picking out my ring. I only had two requests, that is was three stone and had diamonds down the side. He hit the nail on the head!

No date has been set as of yet, but we're thinking late September early October 2013. A nice, long engagement. We have tons of stuff to do, like finish our house.

Bring on the house renovations and wedding planning!

22 comments:

Cait said...

ohhhh heather what a beautiful proposal :) how sweet and romantic and GIRRRRL that ring is sooo gorgeous! xoxo seriously so happy for you!

Savanah said...

Congratulations Heather!!! I am so excited for you. I know you've been waiting for this for a long time and you are finally engaged to your best friend!!!! He sounds like such an amazing man to do such a sweet proposal for his "cupcake" :)

Ashley said...

Congrats, what a sweet love story!

Lana said...

How sweet!! Congratulations! Let the wedding planning begin!

Cori H. said...

Congrats! That's so exciting! Very sweet engagement story!

Rebekah said...

Such a sweet proposal! Your ring is GORGEOUS!!

Krystal said...

We have similar rings, he did good!

Mama B said...

Awww, such a sweet story! And, love the bling! Congrats again! :)

Kelsey Claire said...

So sweet! Sounds like a perfect proposal!

Katie said...

Gorgeous ring! Congrats! I am going to need one of those cupcakes STAT! I don't know what it is, but I can never manage to get cupcakes home safe when they are in one of those special "cupcake safe" containers, so you can't blame him for them being messed up! It's like... inevitable!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh, I love it! I love that he calls you his cupcake, so adorable! Excited to follow along on your journey of wedding planning :)

Jordan said...

So cute!! Can't wait to follow along through wedding planning! So happy for you, Friend! :)

Tiffany said...

Aww how sweet!!!

Laura Darling said...

Aww what a sweet story! Congratulations!

Leslie said...

Such a sweet engagement!! I love it! and he did an excellent job with your ring :)

Neely said...

Melts my heart!!! YAY!

Christa said...

I love your proposal story! So sweet! Your ring is beautiful!

Heather said...

SO so sweet! Beautiful ring!!

Meghan said...

SUCH a gorgeous ring! I am super excited for you!

Katie said...

Eeeeeeeekkkk!! Love it. Such a great story. And your ring is gorgeous!!! :)

Gwen said...

I'm behind on my reader but I just wanted to say CONGRATS!!!! Can't wait to follow your journey to the wedding!

Lindsey @ Let the Light Shine said...

What a beautiful ring! Love all of the thought he put into your engagement :)