blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Our Engagement Story - Part 1

In retrospect I should noticed a few things odd about this weekend. For one, Nathan planned this whole trip from start to finish, I had zero input...and two, he was more high strung than usual.

We got into Chattanooga on Friday night and when we walked into our hotel room the first words out of his mouth were, "well this room is smaller than expected," my first thought was why in the world does that matter?? I just responsed with, "it's ok babe, it's just to two of us it doesn't matter." After we headed out for dinner we went back to the room where Nathan set his alarm for 6 AM to go get the stuff he needed for work (this was his whole ploy to get me to Chatt, he said he needed to get some copper for a roof).

I swear when his alarm went off Saturday morning he shot right out of bed and got right into the shower. He woke me up and told me to start getting ready when he left and that he would bring me coffee from Starbucks when he got back. He set off and I layed in bed, watched a little of The Prince and Me and read a few chapters in my book. About 30 minutes later I decided it was time to get out of bed and start getting ready.

I was halfway ready, in my dress with my fuzzy sock on no less, when he walked in. When he walked through the door he had his overnight bag with him and I just thought he had put the copper in it since it's a heavily stolen item. Even though I assumed this I asked, "why do you have your bag babe?" and he never answered. So I asked again and he never answered. I got tired of asking and went back in the bathroom and proceeded to finish getting ready.

He walked into to the little "kitchenette" area and set down a package wrapped in wrapping paper with pictures of us on it and "Nathan & Heather" on it.

Right then and there I knew something was up...

Come back tommorow for part 2! :)

Who would I be if I didn't keep ya'll on the edge of your toes???

12 comments:

Heather said...

Ahhh!!! So excited for you! Can't wait to hear the rest! Congrats!!!

Cait said...

ahhh i cant wait to hear the rest!

Valerie Griffin said...

so happy for y'all!

Rebekah said...

Ahh! Can't wait to read Part 2!

Neely said...

So sweet! I cant wait to hear the rest :)

Jordan said...

Really Heather?? You had to stop there??? ;)

Christa said...

Congrats!!!! I'm soo happy for you both! How exciting!

Tiffany said...

It's always funny to look. back and go ahhhh I should have known,...

Amber said...

Awww, I can't wait for tomorrow! :))

Lana said...

Awwww, loving your engagement story so far. Can't wait to hear the rest!

Leslie said...

Leaving us hanging?! Heather!!! Such suspense!! I can't wait to hear the rest ;)

Kelsey Claire said...

So exciting1 I can't wait to hear the rest!