blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

A Spontaneous Weekend

Let it be known that I'm not a spontaneous trip taker. I like to know where I'm going way ahead of time so I can plan - where we go, what time we're gonna get there, where we're gonna eat. You know, the crazy usual that I obsess about.

But somehow I got a hair-brained idea this past Friday to plan a weekend trip to Nashville for this weekend. Actually, it didn't come out of nowhere. I'm running the Nashville Predators Fangtastic 5K this upcoming Saturday so why not just spend the whole weekend in Nash, right?

Anywho, I thought Nathan would never go for this. The downtown hotels were too expensive, parking was outrageous, and he's just not really a "city" guy. To my shock and awe he agreed, without even a second thought.

So this weekend we're staying at this hotel...

{via}
Downtown Nashville Courtyard Marriott - it's a converted 1920's Bank Building, the antique fanatic in me is loving this. Nathan, the anitque-phobe, is not...but that's a story for another day. It's a perfect place for my camera to come out and play!

and I also plan to sneak in a meal from here...

{via}
Maggiano's
Ahhh, nothing better than an Italian meal. Seriously, fill a bowl full of pasta and you have the keys to my heart.

Since we're taking a little trip we're foregoing the Valentine's Day gifts this year. I'd rather have a trip anyways . Quality time spent with my babe is far more important than any old gift!

Yay for spontaneous weekends!

5 comments:

Heather said...

How fun!! I can't wait to see pictures of your trip. :)

Tiffany said...

Love Nashville. I will prob be there this weekend as well!!!!

Jessica said...

How fun! Have a great time:-)

Jamie said...

How FUN! Hope y'all have a great time :)

Christa said...

Hope y'all are having a great time!