blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Nashville Weekend Recap

Oh how lovely mine and Nate's Nashville weekend was...I really didn't want to come home.

Before going all the way up to Nashville we decided to stop the next town over to eat at my favorite Mexican restaurant, Chuy's. Ohhhh how delicious it was - if only the closest one wasn't an hour away! After stuffing my belly full we loaded up the GPS and headed on our way.

The next stop was our fabulous hotel, The Courtyard Marriott Downtown. Seriously this place was amazing, we had a nice big room and it was semi-quiet until Printer's Alley and 2nd Avenue really got going between midnight and 4 AM, but I was so tired I really had no complaints.

(I told Nate to get out of the picture, he did not...therefore he made his way on to the blog)

Saturday morning we woke up around 7ish so that I could eat something and get ready for my 5K that started at the Bridgestone Arena. We found a really cute breakfast place called Puckett's Grocery just up the block from the hotel...
They had quite a good breakfast, but I totally shouldn't have ate since it really messed with me while running, but that's a story for tomorrow when I recap my 5K :).

After breakfast we made our way (in the pouring rain) to the arena to pick up my packet and wait on my family who was running with me.

(I look HORRIBLE, my ensemble was hideous but I really didn't care. It was raining!)
2 hours later, soaked and all, we trekked our way back to the hotel to shower and relax before dinner that night. Nate napped and I read The Hunger Games (OMG - one of the best books I've read in a long time!).

For dinner we ventured to Maggiano's and oh.my.goodness I found a new favorite restaurant. Everything was so delicious and the portion's were huge! We will definitely be going back!

Sunday we got up early again and ate at our favorite breakfast place, The Pancake Pantry (if you're ever in Nashville it's a must!) and then mosied our way back home.

I love our trips together, not for the places we go or the things we do, but just because we're together :). I love our "us" time.

7 comments:

Leslie said...

sounds like you had a great trip!! I just love Nashville :)

Heather said...

I'm 100% sure I would love a place called the Pancake Pantry...

Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend! I love Nashville. I only got to stay there for a short period this summer but it is a must on my list of places to visit again. Btw, the Hunger Games is one of the best books I've read in a long time. The nest two are just as good.

Rebekah said...

What a fun little trip!! The Pancake Pantry sounds like a wonderful place!

Alli said...

I would love to visit and move to Tennessee. These twin sisters on YouTube live in Nashville, and they go to The Pancake Pantry frequently.
I finished The Hunger Games, and Catching Fire, I'm starting Mockingjay soon.

Annie said...

How fun!! I LOVE Nashville!!

Jordan said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!

PS: Told ya you'd love the Hunger Games! ;)