blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Thursday, December 29, 2011

2011 Books in Review

Back in 2010 I made a resolution to read more. I was still in college and found every excuse in the book not to read, even though I'm a huge bookworm. That year I made a goal to read 12 books, 1 book a month. At the end of year I had read 23, almost double my goal. 
{if you want to see my post of what I read last year, click here!}

Since I blew last years goal out of the water, I made a heftier one this year - 36, 3 a month. I'm proud to say, I also beat that goal. I know it's a little odd to be that excited about beating a reading goal, but there are just too many good books out there to not be reading, ya know?

So here's how it's gonna go:
If the title is bolded it's a MUST read.
If the title is italicized it was okay, but nothing spectacular.
If it's just plain type, either I didn't remember or didn't really enjoy it.

"Somebody Else's Daughter" Elizabeth Brundage
"Definitely Dead" Charlaine Harris
"All Together Dead" Charlaine Harris
"The Lucky One" Nicholas Sparks
"Something Borrowed" Emily Giffin
"Something Blue" Emily Giffin
"From Dead to Worse" Charlaine Harris
"She's Out of Control" Kristin Billerbeck
"Dead and Gone" Charlaine Harris
"Saving CeeCee Honeycutt" Beth Hoffman
"Sweet Little Lies" Lauren Conrad
"Sugar and Spice" Lauren Conrad
"The Bridge of Peace" Cindy Woodsmall
"With This Ring I'm Confused" Kristin Billerbeck
"Water for Elephants" Sara Gruen
"Mini Shopaholic" Sophie Kinsella
"In her Shoes" Jennifer Weiner
"American Wife" Curtis Sittenfeld
"Twenties Girl" Sophie Kinsella
"Dead in the Family" Charlaine Harris
"The Harvey Girls" Lesley Poling-Kempes
"Mennonite in a Little Black Dress" Rhoda Janzen
"The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes" Diane Chamberlain
"Vision in White" Nora Roberts
"Bed of Roses" Nora Roberts
"Squirrel Seeks Chipmunk" David Sedaris
"Savor the Moment" Nora Roberts
"Happy Ever After" Nora Roberts
"Sweet Valley Confidential" Francine Pascal
"Baby Proof" Emily Giffin
"One Day" David Nicholls
"Love the One Your With" Emily Giffin
"How to be a Hepburn in a Hilton World" Jordan Christy 
"Hot Commodities" Jim Rogers (NOTE: this is a Finance book, NOT light reading - nerd right here!)
"When you go Away" Jessica Barksdale Inclan
"Heart of the Matter" Emily Giffin
"A Sister's Secret" Wanda Brunstetter
"A Sister's Test" Wanda Brunstetter
"A Sister's Hope" Wanda Brunstetter
"Maid to Match" DeAnne Gist
"Safe Haven" Nicholas Sparks
"The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide"
"Can you Keep a Secret?" Sophie Kinsella
"I don't Know How She Does it" Allison Pearson (I'm actually still reading this book but will finish by year-end)

From the looks of all the bolded and italicized books on this list, it seems I've had a lucky year in the reading department!

Have you done a lot of reading this year? What was your favorite book for the year?

4 comments:

Katie said...

Wow-- that's a lot of books!! I really liked the Kristin Billerbeck books-- perfect light reading after a long day at work! :)

Michelle said...

WOW! That is impressive! I'm definitely going to add some of these to my must read list! Thanks for sharing!!!

Jessica said...

That is a lot of books! I do LOVE all books by Emily Giffin, and I can't wait until she writes another!! I'm currently reading Water For Elephants, and next on my to-read list is The Help.

Amber said...

Good job girl! One of my resolutions in 2012 is to definitely read more. I'm gonna make a list like this too :)