blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Road Trip - Days 12, 14, 15

We've finally made it to my last recap of my roadtrip. It's somewhat bittersweet as was the ending to my actual trip. You travel for all those miles, see all those sights, then BAM you're done. I will never forget the memories I made with my nana and papa during that trip. It's something I will cherish for the rest of my days. I hope they understand how lucky I felt to go on that trip with them.

The last leg of our trip we went through Utah, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee. Oof that's a lot of states.

Welcome to Utah! During the entire ride through the state I kept wondering, how many polygamists I'm seeing and I don't even realize it? Odd I know.

Driving through some beautiful rock formations. 

More Red Rock... 

Welcome to Colorado!!  

We were getting up to higher elevations in Colorado and we kept inching closer and closer to the "s" word, snow. 

Tunnels!!! 

Ski Slopes, I really think I'd like to take a trip back here one winter to attempt skiing and spend some cuddle time with Nathan :).

More snow... 

And now it's on the roads. It wasn't slick or anything, but there was a lot of snow. When we got to the highest elevation in Vail I swear there was atleast 5-10 foot of snow on the ground. It was nuts. 

Denver. 

Welcome to Kansas, a flippin' windy state! Seriously, the entire time we were there it took me forever to catch my breath outside because of the wind. It was horrible...and cold. 

The last picture from my trip, the St. Louis arch. This is another city I'd think I would like to visit and explore. It was huge, but I think it would be fun. 

...and we're done! Thank you one and all for allowing me to share my road trip with you all. It's been a blast!

2 comments:

Lana said...

I have always heard Colorado is so pretty! It would be fun to go there to ski!

Neely said...

that is a long roadtrip yo