blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

My Road Trip - Day 11

Day 11 of my road trip was a lloonngg day.

We ventured to Hoover Dam and then had another night seeing the sights of Vegas.
We had originally went to Hoover Dam the day before, but it was raining, and this girl was not about to get wet. So my papa and nana graciously said they would take me the next day. I thought the dam was very interesting, but honestly I was sorta freaked out the entire time I was there. Because of you know, terrorists, but I'm overly weird about that kind of stuff. The Dam is something you have to put on your bucket list, it's part of American History that should be seen by all.

This is the new bridge over the dam, and I am not a fan of bridges, at.all. I did suck it up and walk across even though this thing wobbled every time a car or semi went across.

View of the Dam from atop the new bridge. 

Me on top of the Dam. 

That's the bridge we walked across, see...nutso.

Lake Mead. Isn't it a gorgeous color?! 

After we sightseed at the Dam we went back to the Condo and relaxed before we headed out onto the Strip.

We ate dinner at the Forum Shoppes again, but in a different section. I've never seen a circular escalator but they had one.  

The Treasure Island Hotel. We watched the Pirate show they had, it was neat to see. 

During the Pirate show. 

At the Mirage watching the "Volcano" erupt. 

Now onto my favorite hotel, The Venetian. It was sooo gorgeous. I have an obsession with Venice, Italy so there is no wonder why I loved this hotel so much.  

That wraps up my trip to Vegas. I was really sad to leave. Nathan better be prepared to go with me on another trip :).

Next up - HOME!

3 comments:

ChinkyGirLMeL said...

what a fun trip. I love the pictures. I went to Vegas March of this year. I had a blast too. The Venetian is definitely a gorgeous place isn't it? =)

Leslie said...

oh my gosh!!! you're making me want to go on vacation SO bad!!

Neely said...

The venitian is so fun!