blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Road Trip - Day 10

This was the day I was most excited for during my trip, the day we went to Vegas!!! And honestly, it was so hard to choose what pictures to post on here when I wanted to share them all. I am breaking it down into two posts for the two days I was there, and for your reference...two days is not enough to see it all. I needed more time, but I sense a trip in my future. It's going to be a must.

We bypassed part of I-40 on the way to Vegas to venture off onto Route 66 in Seligman, Arizona. It was neat but it was a major tourist trap. I enjoyed seeing the old signs but it was like we were a foreigner in our own land, and foreign people are rude...or it could be we're from the South and don't act like that. Anyways...I took a lot of Route 66 sign pictures out there, I find them fascinating.



Now on to the main part of the day. We didn't stay in a hotel on the strip, we were about a block off, but we ventured out every night onto the Shuttle that transported us to Harrah's, which is basically the heart of it all (you like that run on sentence don't ya?!).

I got the pleasure of choosing the restaurants we ate at each night and when I saw that Cesaer's Forum Shoppes has a Cheesecake Factory I was all in. Nathan better be prepared to take me back.

This was taken from my seat at Cheesecake Factory, it's so unbelievable that you're inside when it feels like you're outside.  

Still inside Cesaer's Forum Shoppes.

Yet again... 

Outside Ceasar's, it was much prettier lit up at night, but for some reason I didn't get a picture. 

This is from the Bellagio, oh it was soooo gorgeous!! 

The lobby of the Bellagio. 

Outside of the Bellagio waiting on the fountain to start. 

Here we go... 

The show was absolutely breathtaking, yet again, nothing you can explain. You HAVE to see this for yourself. 

The fake Eiffel Tower, I still think it's beautiful. 

One of the older hotels, The Flamingo...love the colors!! 

I'm not going to sum up my Vegas trip just yet since I'm not finished, but I will say one word about it. LOVE.

Can't wait to share more with you next week!

Up next, Hoover Dam & more Vegas!!!

8 comments:

Rebekah said...

I so want to go to Vegas someday! It looks awesome!

Neely said...

Last time I went to vegas we stayed at the Bellagio so fun!

Leslie said...

I've eaten at that exact cheesecake factory!!! haha!! I LOOOOVE VEGAS!! Aren't those hotels just fabulous?!

Savanah said...

I LOVE Vegas!! I've been 3 times and still haven't seen/done everything!

Vanessa said...

Oooooh so fun and so pretty! I just had friends who went to Vegas and they hated it. Saying it was dirty and a waste of time. I was so sad because I can't wait to make it out there someday! Seriously, can't wait!

Heather said...

Oh my gosh, that looks like an amazing trip!! I want to go to Vegas so bad.

Gwen said...

I so want to go to Vegas some day. So glad you are having a great trip!!!

Jessica said...

I want to visit Vagas so bad! Hopefully in the next few years Luke and I will be able to take a trip there. Glad you enjoyed it so much!