blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Monday, May 23, 2011

My Road Trip - Days 5 & 6

Days 5 & 6 of my long road trip were spent in Sedona. If you ever have the chance to spend a little time there, do it. If you're outdoorsy this is the place to go! From hiking, bike riding, jeep tours, sightseeing...this is the place. I really wish I would've had the chance to do some hiking, but I was with my grandparents and I most certainly wasn't going by myself. Overall, Sedona was a great place to vacation, very serene and peaceful.

View of a red rock formation from the major shopping center. No matter what direction your going, you have a view.

Sedona is a major artistic community. I'm not a big artsy person myself, but if you were it'd be neat.

Another view of a formation...and yes I got corrected when I said "mountains", the correct terms is "formations." Ooottaayy buckwheat.

Closer up view...can you see where part of the rock looks like an Eagle?

The Chuch built into the rock. It was very beautiful.

Something I had never seen before, cactus!

Beautiful flowers at Tlaquepaque (try saying that 5 times fast). I loved the colors!

More gorgeous flowers!

Taken at a scenic viewpoint.

Yes, Sedona was beautiful, but to be 100% honest I think Tennessee is better. I know, I'm biased...but this was considered a Forrest...these trees look like shrubs, but who am I to judge?! I am glad I got the opportunity to see Sedona, but I don't think I would ever go back. Definitely a once in a lifetime trip.

9 comments:

Lana said...

The pictures look beautiful, but I'm with you...I'd take TN any day!

Neely said...

Such beautiful pictures!

Rebekah said...

Beautiful! Dylan would LOVE to go there and hike!

Vanessa said...

Gorgeous pics! I'd love to make it out there to visit some day!

Jessica said...

Sorry you didn't enjoy Sedona more! Maybe it was because I was with Luke, but I thought it was so romantic and beautiful. Also, we love outdoorsy things, so we really enjoyed the hiking and Jeep tours. Too bad you didn't get to hike!

Leslie said...

Sedona looks really pretty! But I could never live there... to brown and red! haha I love my trees! But those rock formations are cool.. and that church looks awesome!

Thomasina said...

Beautiful pics!

Courtney said...

You're right, Sedona is so tranquil and peaceful. Great job with the pictures!

Megan said...

Love the pictures! That church in the rock is SO neat...I've never even heard of it!