blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Road Trip - Day 7

Happy Monday  errrr....Tuesday morning. It is just me, but do these long weekends sorta mess up your week? It's like Tuesday is Monday and on and on. Oh well, I had Monday off and that's all that counts. I hope you all had a great Memorial Day and truly celebrated the reason for the Holiday. As Americans we should all be thankful, if it weren't for the people serving in our Armed Forces we wouldn't have the freedoms we do today.

I'm continuing the recap of my big, long road trip for this week (except Friday, because of the Book Club that I'm loving!). We're almost at the end of my road trip recaps and I'm a little sad. I've enjoyed revisiting these places through pictures and recalling all the memories I made with my grandparents.

------------------------------------------------------

On Day 7 of our journey we visited The Grand Canyon. I don't think I've ever seen anything so massive and I really don't think I have the words to describe it. It's one of those places you have to see for yourself to believe.

The Canyon is out in the middle of nowhere. You're just driving along, then boom you're there. There are sights to see on the road there and we stopped at a few of them.

This was the most impressive sight on the road before the Canyon...these are the San Francisco Peaks. They are the highest elevation in Arizona.

Our first stop at the Canyon, The Watch Tower. You could get a really good view from the top section. 

Me at the Eastern-most point of the Rim. 

Another view of The Watchtower. 

Inside of The Watchtower. My vertigo was messing with me so bad in here and at the Canyon in general.  

Pretty views! 


These are Indian ruins. I'm a huge history buff so I found this really interesting.

Different views, any direction you stand you get a different view. 


The Colorado River. The rapids looks so small up at the top but they are really massive when you are actually on the river. Oh what I wouldn't of give to of rafted it! 

The views become different as the sun sets. So beautiful! 

The Canyon was one of my favorite parts of the trip. It was a once in a lifetime experience that I won't forget!

Next up, a final look at Sedona!

6 comments:

Neely said...

You have seen such cool stuff!

Kelly said...

Love all the pictures! I also love The American Wife. It was a great book.

Ashley said...

I have loved your road trip recaps! Such a fun trip!

Jessica said...

The Grand Canyon is so breathtaking! You're right...you just have to see it for yourself. Glad you enjoyed it!

Leslie said...

the grand canyon is definitely something you have to see for yourself! Pictures just don't do it justice.. and looking out across it is just breathtaking!

Megan said...

Wow...the views are just amazing!! I'm so glad that you are sharing!