blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Road Trip - Day 4

Day 4 was the day we finally made it into Sedona. I was so tired of driving and just ready to be in one location for a while.

Just so you know, the road from Flagstaff to Sedona is incredibly curvy/steep. You literally look off the side of the road and it's a long way down. We also came in at nightfall, so we imagined that we were going into the middle of nowhere. It was creepy.

Day 4 was also an interesting day because we went to the Petrified National Forrest. I had never seen anything like it before. That place was filled with such pre-historic history. It was just amazing.

Welcome to Arizona!

Entrance to the Petrified Forrest.

Me and Nana at the Painted Desert. It was so gorgeous, it comes in a close second to the Grand Canyon. If you're ever on I-40 between New Mexico and Arizona you have to go! 

A funky little lizard on the trail. We seen two of them this day!

The old inn traveler's would stay at. It was awesome inside. I love History so I always find this stuff interesting.

A chunk of petrified wood.  

An old Motel on Route 66 in Holbrook. Does it look familiar?! I'm pretty sure this is the place that the Disney movie Cars modeled their motel after.  

As you've noticed there are no pictures of us entering Sedona, because...well, it was dark, and I was scared we were going to drive off a cliff. Never fear though...I have lots of Sedona pictures coming up!

Coming up - A Day of Shopping in Sedona

5 comments:

Suze said...

I would be absolutely terrified on curvy steep roads girl! These pictures are really good!!!!

Neely said...

Your trip looks like it was so fun!

Christa said...

Sounds like so much fun! Glad you had such a good time!

Leslie said...

Sounds like a blast! Can't wait to see more!

Jessica said...

We were driving through Flagstaff right at dusk when we were in Arizona too...I was legitimately freaked out! My husband is a good driver, but those curves were so scary, especially in the dark!

Can't wait to read more about Sedona!!