blockquote{ padding: 15px; margin: 15px 30px 20px; color: black; background: cccccc; font-style: italic; }

Monday, May 16, 2011

My Road Trip - Day 3

First off, I'm finally HOME! I'm so glad to be back home, but that's not saying I didn't have a wonderful vacation, because I did. I got some cherished time with my grandparents that I will never forget!

I'm honestly so glad to be back in the real world...and to go back to work. Who'd of thought that?! I work with a great bunch of guys (yes, I'm the only girl...I keep them straight) and I've missed them. The only part I dread is coming back to my desk (it's going to be a disaster), checking the monstrous e-mails and voicemails...*shudder*. I'll survive.

Also, regularly scheduled blogging can now continue! I've missed my little outlet. Although, I did erase all 160 of my posts in Google Reader. Sorry ya'll, but this week is going to be crazy and I'm just not going to be able to read them. I still love yall!

Now on to the trip...
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 3 of my road trip consisted of the panhandle of Texas & New Mexico. I got to see some really neat sights this day. We went to an old filling station on Route 66 and the landscape starting changing into more Rock, which was really interesting to me (remember, I live in the Appalachian Mountains...and those have trees :) ).

Deep in the heart of Texas!


Old Conoco filling station on Route 66.

Cowboy hat

Still in the land of Texas.

Welcome to New Mexico!

Rock, rock...and more rock.

Old Courthouse in Santa Rosa, NM.

At this point, I was tired of driving and was really ready to be in Sedona, but I did enjoy getting to see all the old stuff on Route 66. I'm a huge history buff.

Up next...
Painted Desert, The Petrified Forrest, and Sedona!

7 comments:

Jenn W said...

woo! glad you made it back safely. see any cute cowboys in Tx? ;)

Suze said...

love your pictures, I love old gas stations so cute! Glad you made it back safely girlie!

Neely said...

Wish you had made it to Dallas :(

Jessica said...

Glad you're back and that you had a great time. Can't wait to see more pictures.

Jessica said...

I love the pictures! Can't wait to read about Sedona :-)

Kerbi said...

Next time you're in TX we need to meet up!

Bryan said...

It's nice to be back, especially after going through different places and experiencing unique events. And that made me want to go to Texas with my friends again, so we could taste the delicious food there, just like what we did last year.

-Bryan Tyler